Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Comparison: OPI Sparrow Me the Drama & Sinful Colors Star Fish

Hello! I hope everyone is having a great start to their week. I've had a pretty good week since I returned from my trip. Last night I was giving my boyfriend some extra tlc (he was a little under the weather) and that's why my swatches aren't being posted until now! I wanted to compare to polishes from my stash.

The first is Sparrow Me the Drama from OPI's Pirates of the Caribbean collection. It's a very dusty blue-based pink. I like this shade a lot!

The second is Star Fish from Sinful Colors' Adventure Island collection, which is supposed to have many dupes of the OPI Pirates collection.

Sparrow Me the Drama is a hard color to find in stores, but my local Walgreens still sold Star Fish. I don't think they are exact dupes, but they are pretty darn close. Take a look for yourself! I did 2 coats of each polish below.

opi sparrow me the drama
Sinful Colors Star Fish
OPI Sparrow Me the Drama
Sparrow Me the Drama is on my middle and pinky fingers, while Star Fish is on my pointer and ring fingers. I think they are very similar in color, but Star Fish is a bit lighter. Both are blue toned and "dusty" looking.

sinful colors star fish
Sinful Colors Star Fish
OPI Sparrow Me the Drama
This is an over-exposed shot of the colors. Here you can really see the difference between the two polishes.


I'm not sure which color I like better. I like them both for different reasons!

I think Sinful Colors did a great job making a "look alike" rather than a complete dupe. Star Fish is not only a cheaper price, but also easier to find.

I hope you guys enjoyed!
-Shelby




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I truly appreciate it and I will get back to each and every one of you, promise! :)

If you'd like me to check out your blog, please shoot me an email, rather than spam my comments with your link! I'd be much more willing to check out your page that way! :)